Below are some helpful estate planning articles that highlight issues related to wills, trusts, probate and estate administration. For more information on each of these areas, check out our Frequently Asked Questions or explore the Estate Planning Center of our website.
Estate Tax Planning
- A New Federal Estate Tax Law – What Does It Mean?
- Updates on the Federal Estate Tax Law
- Look For Changes In the Estate Tax Laws In the Fourth Quarter of 2009
- Law In Limbo as Citizens Ride the Roller Coaster on Estate Tax
- Is This a Good Time to Transfer Your Wealth to Your Children?
- Consider a Donor Advised Fund
- Giving Something Back a Wise Investment
- ‘Tis the Season to Give Assets to Loved Ones
- Is making gifts in 2012 appropriate?
Wills & Trusts
- If You Plan to Contest the Will, It is Best to Refuse the Bequest
- Using a trust to provide for long term care – June 2010
- Planning for long term care for aging parents
- Talking With Your Elderly Parents About Lifestyle and Money – Part 1
- Talking With Your Elderly Parents About Lifestyle and Money – Part 2
- Parents Medicaid application may be affected by gifts to kids
Probate & Estate Administration
- Use of Powers of Attorney for Your Children Who Are Over 18
- What Happens to Your IRA or 401(k) When You Die?
- So You Are Looking For Long Term Care For Your Parents
- Are You An Innocent Spouse?
- Convenience Account or Joint Account?
- Is Your House in Order?
- What to Look Forward to in Taxes for 2011
- It’s Time to Do a Good Financial Plan
- No Generation Skipping Tax this Year
- How the Law Compensates Family Caregivers June 2010
- A Nursing Home is Taken to Task
- Some Medicare Recipients Will See a Rise in Premiums in 2010
- Taking Care of Mom and Dad When They Are Elderly
- So You Have Entered Retirement – Now What?
- When to review estate plans
- Just in case: Organize Your Life In a Simple Binder
- Keeping Vacation Homes in the Family
- Is Your Home A Good Safety Net For You When You Are Older?
- Geriatric consultant can help families as parents age
- Parents of special needs children should develop plan for later in life
- Seniors – Planning ahead is key to financial stability
- The IRS Has New Rules For Investors
- Know the rules before listing beneficiaries to IRA account
- Think twice before listing minor as a beneficiary on IRA
- What can you do with an inherited IRA?
- What to Do About Year End Tax Planning
- Changes In the Tax Law For 2009
- What Distribution Do You Have to Take From Your IRA in 2009?
Additional Estate Planning Articles
- Life Lessons Remembered – March 16, 2011
- Watch What You Put On Facebook—It May Come Back to Haunt You Later
- We Want to be Your Resource
- Beware of Advertisements on Tax Reductions
- Working out issues with your lender
- What Kind of FDIC Coverage Do You Have?
- Protect your pets when you can no longer do it
- Prenuptial Agreements – A Safety Net