A Helpful Option For Small and Mid-size Businesses
There is no doubt that many small and medium-sized businesses are currently struggling. In addition to typical business concerns like compliance issues and customer service, businesses must also contend with skyrocketing costs and labor shortages.
Large companies have in-house legal counsel who are dedicated to addressing the company’s legal needs. However, small and medium-sized businesses typically cannot afford to have a full-time lawyer on their team. These smaller businesses often try to handle legal matters on their own or hire an attorney ad hoc after they have gotten into legal hot water. This strategy is stressful, unsustainable, and costly.
Fortunately, there is another option. An outsourced general counsel is an attorney businesses hire before the company is engaged in a legal dispute or another issue. An outsourced general counsel provides services for a fixed monthly cost. They are focused on preventing problems before those problems arise and can save businesses time, money, resources, and frustration.
What Does an Outsourced General Counsel Do?
An experienced outsourced general counsel (OCG) is focused much more on proactive steps than reactive measures. Many legal problems can be avoided entirely with proper planning. OCGs provide customized services that meet the business’s unique needs, such as:
- Day-to-day consultation on general and industry-specific business matters
- Risk assessments and taking steps to minimize the risk of legal disputes
- Negotiating and drafting contracts including non-compete agreements, non-disclosure agreements, partnership agreements, purchase and sale agreements, and vendor contracts
- Drafting and reviewing employee agreements and employee handbooks
- Providing informed legal advice regarding hiring and firing decisions, employment policies, and other employment matters
- Assisting with employee compensation and benefit plans
- Helping the business protect intellectual property
- Handling regulatory filings and compliance
- Attending Board of Director meetings
- Assisting with business succession planning
In these challenging times, business owners’ budgets are tighter than ever. They cannot afford to be hit with an unexpected fee. When a business works with an outsourced general counsel, there are no surprises. Businesses pay a fixed monthly price for outsourced general counsel services and know exactly what their money is buying.
Contact our Naperville Business Lawyers Offering Outsourced General Counsel Services
The Naperville business law attorneys at the Gierach Law Firm offer personalized outsourced general counsel services that meet our clients’ particular needs and objectives. Our outsourced general counsel program, YourOCG, is a cost-effective choice for businesses that are not large enough to have a full-time, in-house attorney. We do not just provide legal support, we become a part of your team so we can learn your business in and out, and provide the customized service you deserve.
To learn more about how YourOCG can benefit your company, call the Gierach Law Firm at 630-756-1160 today.
Please note: These blogs have been created over a period of time and laws and information can change. For the most current information on a topic you are interested in please seek proper legal counsel.