Chicago Area Business Law Attorneys
Lawyers for Business Formation, Contracts, and Commercial Litigation in Illinois
Whether you are planning to start a new business, are involved in a complex business transaction, or need to create contracts or settle business disputes, you will want to be sure your legal issues are addressed properly. With the right attorney on your side, you can not only identify any legal concerns that may affect your business, but you can create a successful business strategy to help ensure that your company can remain profitable in the years to come.
The lawyers at the Gierach Law Firm have more than 30 years of experience in the field of business law. Attorney Denice Gierach has a master’s degree in business management, and she is a Certified Public Accountant. Her experience as a business owner has given her the insights needed to help business owners identify risks and create winning strategies. We are here to help your business address its legal needs.
Business Law Services
Whether you are a new business owner or are operating an established business, we can provide the legal help you need. We can assist with:
- Business formation and entity selection – We can ensure that your business is structured in a way that provides owners, partners, or shareholders with protection from liability while addressing how taxes will apply to the business’s profits and losses.
- Contract review, drafting, and negotiation – We can review your company’s existing contracts, and we can help you draft and negotiate new contracts, including partnership agreements, vendor contracts, franchise agreements, or employment contracts.
- Commercial litigation – If your company is involved in a legal dispute, we can help you negotiate a settlement or provide you with representation when litigating these matters in the courtroom.
- Breach of contract – If another party has violated the terms of a business contract, or if you have been accused of breaching a contract, we can provide you with representation and help you resolve these disputes.
- Disputes between shareholders and partners – We can assist in resolving internal disputes through arbitration, mediation, or litigation, or we can assist in completing a “business divorce” in which an owner or partner leaves a company.
- Buying or selling a business – We can make sure the right procedures are followed when buying a business through a stock purchase or asset purchase or when selling business interests to a new owner.
- Mergers and acquisitions – We can help perform due diligence, establish corporate governance, and address other legal issues when two companies are merging or one company is acquiring another.
- Business succession planning – We work with business owners who are planning to retire or leave their company, helping them determine how to transfer ownership of business interests to family members or other stakeholders while keeping the business in operation.
- Tax planning – We help companies address multiple types of federal, state, and local taxes and create strategies that will minimize their tax burdens.
- Commercial real estate – We assist property owners and businesses with commercial real estate transactions, commercial leases, development projects, and eminent domain cases.
- General counsel – We provide ongoing legal services to businesses, helping them address the issues that may arise throughout the course of doing business while working to build successful business strategies, aimed towards the growth of the company.
Contact Our Illinois Business Lawyers
No matter the size of your business, the amount of time it has been in operation, or the complexity of the legal and financial issues that you need to address, we can provide you with the legal help you need. We will not only handle your immediate concerns, but we will build a relationship with you and gain a full understanding of your ongoing needs. With our help, you can be prepared to face the challenges that may arise in the future, and you can rest assured that you will have the legal support that will allow you to operate your business successfully. Contact the Gierach Law Firm, LLC today by calling us at our Naperville office at 630-756-1160 or at our Hoffman Estates office at 847-519-0505.