Illinois Commercial Litigation Attorneys
Lawyers for Litigation of Business Disputes in the Chicago Area
When operating a business, there are a wide variety of legal issues that may need to be addressed by owners, partners, or shareholders. In some cases, internal or external disputes may need to be resolved, and addressing these matters properly will ensure that a business can continue operating successfully. A skilled business law attorney can help determine when commercial litigation will be necessary and provide legal representation to help resolve disputes effectively.
The attorneys at the Gierach Law Firm have more than 30 years of experience representing clients in business law matters. Attorney Denice Gierach has owned and operated multiple different types of businesses, and as a Certified Public Accountant, she understands the role that complex tax and accounting issues play in business disputes. Our team of lawyers can assist you in resolving these disputes outside of court, and we can advocate on your behalf during courtroom litigation when necessary.
Types of Commercial Litigation
Business disputes may occur internally between a company’s partners, shareholders, officers, or employees, or external disputes with other individuals or companies may need to be addressed to ensure that a business can avoid financial harm. Our attorneys can help you determine whether you can use methods such as mediation or arbitration to reach a settlement in business disputes. If matters need to be resolved inside the courtroom, we will aggressively advocate for your company’s best interests and help you reach an outcome that protects your bottom line.
We assist with business litigation in a wide variety of different types of disputes, including:
- Disputes between shareholders and partners – Disagreements may arise regarding the operation or management of a business, the procedures followed when a partner leaves the company, or the proper allocation of profits earned by a company. In many cases, a partnership agreement will specify how these types of disputes should be resolved, but courtroom litigation may be necessary in some situations.
- Breach of contract – If your business has suffered financial harm because another party has not followed the terms of a business contract, we can help you recover damages. We also provide representation for those who are accused of committing a contract breach.
- Commercial real estate disputes – We can help you protect your rights during the purchase or sale of commercial real estate or resolve disputes between landlords and tenants regarding the terms of a commercial lease.
- Intellectual property disputes – You may need to take action to address violations of copyrights, trademarks, or patents owned by your business. By pursuing intellectual property litigation, you may be able to recover damages for the financial harm that your company suffered because of these violations, and you can take steps to make sure another person or business ceases activities that infringe on your intellectual property rights.
- Fraud – If your business has suffered harm because of illegal activity by another company or by internal personnel, you may be able to pursue litigation to recover compensation for your financial damages.
- Employment disputes – A variety of disputes between employers and employees may need to be resolved either inside or outside the courtroom, including wage and hour disputes, discrimination claims, sexual harassment accusations, or violations of non-disclosure or non-compete agreements.
- Franchise disputes – Litigation may be necessary to address claims that a franchisor did not provide the proper training or services to a franchisee, that a franchisee did not operate a franchise according to the terms of a franchise agreement, or that the proper disclosures were not made by a franchisor to a franchisee.
Contact Our DuPage County Business Litigation Lawyers
Resolving business disputes effectively is crucial for protecting your company’s ability to continue earning income and generating profits. At the Gierach Law Firm, LLC, we can help you determine the best ways to handle these issues, including negotiating an out-of-court settlement, using alternative dispute resolution, or litigating matters in court. To learn more about how we can assist with commercial litigation and other business law concerns, contact our Naperville office at 630-756-1160 or our Hoffman Estates office at 847-519-0505.