About The Gierach Law Firm
We, as a firm, realize that every client has their legacy – what they have worked for and are proudest of. For some, it is their family, which they want to have the benefit of what they did not to make their lives easier. They want to transmit their values and what they learned over a lifetime of learning in the “life” school to their children, so they don’t have to learn it the hard way.
For others, it is the business that they built, employing a number of people as their work “family.” While they grow their businesses, they are able to grow the wealth of their work “family.” This is one of the business owner’s largest assets and they rely upon the business to provide that living for their own families. They want to have that business protected, to make sure that they are able to continue to support themselves and their families if they can no longer work, that they have the talent that are part of their work family who will be able to carry on, that their businesses can continue to grow, even if they take a month or two off, and they will have the peace of mind to take that trip that they always dreamed of. They want to know that when they pass on, that the business or the assets derived from the sale of their business will be there to support their family in the lifestyle that they have become accustomed to.
For others, they want to leave a part of themselves behind, whether supporting impactful charities through donation of their time and energies or by leaving money behind to ensure that the charities will survive in the long term and continue to do their great work helping others. They take comfort in being remembered for having made a difference.
These are the clients that we support by:
- Protecting their estate by planning their estates, providing them with the right fit documents that will do that, making sure that their estates have the liquidity necessary to support their families;
- Incorporating their strategies into their estate plans of what will happen to their business, if they no longer can, and provide the road map for what the steps are in the process;
- Handling the probate and trust administration process, including tax issues, and the resolution of contested estates;
- Acting as an Outsourced General Counsel for our business clients that will allow for the growth of the companies of our business owners, including an establishment of their vision for the company, their goals, and strategies for achieving the same;
- Working with our business clients to highlight and remove recurring problems in the business to make sure that they do not interfere with the company’s growth;
- Setting up template documents for the company so your team will not rely on your vendor’s templates, which are drafted in a favorable way to the vendor;
- Assisting our clients to buy or sell or exchange commercial properties used in their businesses or as side investments;
- Working with our business owners to develop their business succession plan for their eventual exit from their company, whether by gift or sale to another generation of family, sale to partners in the business, or sale to an outside third party, along with contingency plans.
These are but a few of the services that we offer to our clients.
If you are one of those clients who want to leave their legacy behind and are interested in adding value to your life personally and in your business, contact us by calling us at 630-756-1160 to set up a confidential consultation to see if our firm is a good fit for you!